Marriage Goes To School
In recent years, policy efforts to alleviate poverty have focused on marriage and relationship education. Orit Avishai’s, Melanie Heath’s,and Jennifer Randles’s research finds that efforts to address poverty via relationship skills training are misguided because this approach does not address the structural causes of poverty.
- The Council on Contemporary Families
- Alternatives to Marriage Project
- Building Strong Families
- ACF Healthy Marriage Initiatives
- Healthy Marriage & Responsible Fatherhood
- Johnson, Matthew D. 2012. “Healthy marriage initiatives: On the need for empiricism in policy implementation.” American Psychologist, Vol 67(4), May-Jun 2012, 296-308
- Thomas E. Trail and Benjamin E. Karney. 2012. “What’s (Not) Wrong with Low-Income Marriages.” Journal of Marriage and Family 74, 413-427.