Queasy Questions About Media Effects
Increasingly violent media shows no signs of driving away audiences. Cynthia Chris explores the possibility of redemptive arcs as ripped-from-the-headlines stories play out on TV, but with happy endings, and, in the end, she still reaches for the remote.
Links from the Article
- Albert Bandura Bobo Doll experiment 1
- NBC and Law & Order:SVU: We request that you re-consider casting convicted rapist, Mike Tyson on Law & Order:SVU
- Instead of blaming media violence for kids who kill, demand more nonviolent video games
- Modifying Media Content for Preschool Children: A Randomized Controlled Trial
- Scholar Finds Flaws in Work by Archenemy of Comics