Food Insecurity in Rural America
Sociologists Joy Rayanne Piontak and Michael D. Schulman explore spatial inequalities in food insecurity in the United States, specifically the problems of hunger and food access in non-metropolitan and rural localities.
- USDA Food Environment Atlas
- Rural Hunger Facts
- Coleman-Jensen, Alisha, Mark Nord and Anita Singh. 2013. Household Food Security in the United States in 2012. Economic Research Report Number 155
- Coleman-Jensen, Alisha and Mark Nord. 2013. Post-Recession, a Greater Share of Food-Insecure Children Have Parents Who Are Unemployed or Working Part-Time
- Farrigan, Tracey. 2014. Poverty and Deep Poverty Increasing in Rural America. Economic Research Service
- Kusmin, Lorin. 2013. Rural America at a Glance, 2013 Edition. Economic Brief No. (EB-24)