Nonprofits in Need
When housing collapses or failing businesses stand to ruin a community, nonprofits come to the rescue and in myriad ways temper the devastation. But what happens when the entire economy fails, taking with it the resources nonprofits depend upon to provide those services? According to the five sociologists Contexts turned to for answers, it means times will be harder than we might have expected, but the outcome not as devastating as we thought.
- Walter Powell, co-director of the Stanford Center on Philanthropy and
- Mark Hager, with Arizona State University’s Lodestar Center for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Innovation
- David Suarez, with the University of Southern California’s School of Policy, Planning, and Development
- Kirsten Grønbjerg, with The Center on Philanthropy at Indiana University
- Wolfgang Bielefeld, with the School of Public and Environmental Affairs at Indiana University
contexts podcast interviews powell
Listen to the Contexts Podcast interview with Walter Powell for an in-depth of nonprofits today.